Small Clone Full-Chorus review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Small Clone Full-Chorus

This thing is brilliant. I'm running an Epiphone LP Custom into a Boss DS-1, into the Small Clone and into my Vox Valvetronix AD50VT on a clean channel. With my setup I nailed a range of tone's including Kurt Cobain's Come As You Are tone and the intro to Silverchair's Tomorrow. This thing has some brilliant tones inside it. I tried 2 Boss chorus pedals and this thing smokes them, especially when it comes to Grunge. Even if you just want to add a little shimmer to a few chords this thing sounds great. Best of all this thing is True Bypass! Not some tone sucking annoying pedal. This doesn't effect your tone at all when off.

I've been playing guitar for about 2 yrs and play a range of music from jazz to Grunge to metal. This thing is perfect for me. If this was stolen I would probably cry for an hour and then would go out and buy another one, no questions about it. I love the tone's that you can get out of this thing and it's simplicity. Who said a pedal needs to be complex to sound good? It's definately not true here. Whilst saying that's it's simple it is still very versatile, Probably more then the 2 Boss pedals I tried, it goes from incredibly subtle to incredibly pscyhadelic, almost a rotary effect. If you like Rock and Grunge then buy this, it is probably the best on the market for it's price.

I could definately depend on this thing at a gig without a backup. It's quite solid with a metal casing. It might not be quite as solid as say a Boss buy it's definately strong. More then enough to handle being stepped on. The bad thing I can say is that it doesn't accept a normal Boss type power supply. It's reversed polarity but all that means is you just need to buy a $5 adaptor. Planet Waves and 1 Spot both make them.

This pedal couldn't be simpler. It's basically Just a 2 way Switch for depth and a knob for speed. It's incredibly easy to get a good lush sound out of it, 5 minutes and I had some great tones nailed. This thing was much more similar then the 2 Boss Choruses I tried, The CE-5 and CH-1.

BassFishin
    CrimsonRoc wrote: Anyone play this through an actual tube amp?
    yea i do. its amazing.
    michal23
    @ slayerbbk Some EHX pedals, such as the Holy Grail and Big Muff, use 12V power, whereas others use 9V. Just check online, ont he pedal or in the manual whether the small clone is 9V or 12V and buy the appropriate adapter.