Small Clone Full-Chorus review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Small Clone Full-Chorus

Purchased from: Amazon used

I use this pedal through a HT-5 mini stack and I use a Jackson Demmelition King V (EMG 81/60) and I have used an EX-50 through it. I also use a Zakk Wylde Wah pedal. This pedal is not noisy at all. At the most it might add a tad more noise on high gain settings but it's not noticable (at least not for me) when playing. This chorus always sounds amazing. You can make it sound very transparent and not very noticable or you can make it sound like crazy waves. And you can get anything in between. This pedal sounds very watery and quite shimmery which is just what I wanted! I bought this for the James Hetfield clean sound from Metallica and it hits the mark perfectly. I also sometimes use it to get a Zakk Wylde sound and it sounds great for it. Especially with the Zakk Wyle Wah aswell! Some people complain about a popping noise when turning it on but maybe they got a bad one because there is no popping with this one!

For that James Hetfield chorus type clean sound, it seems to suit it very well! It also is great for the Zakk Wylde solo sound. I have been playing for about 3 years. If it were stolen or lost, I would go out and buy another one straight away! There is nothing about this pedal that I hate except for maybe the actuall swith to Switch it on is quite hard on bare feet but not that noticable but I'm just nit-picking, this pedal is everything I wanted and there is nothing wrong with it at all! I did compare it to quite a few different pedals such ass the Boss chorus pedals and the Tonerider pedal but this seemed to be the most popular one and I think it sounded the best for what I needed!

This pedal seems very reliable. The case is metal and feels quite heavy and reliable. I would definately use it at a gig without a backup! I don't gig but if I do start, I wouldn't take a backup. I have only dropped it once or twice and it didn't do any damage at all. This pedal is like a brick! Except not as heavy...

This pedal is so easy to get a great sound. I just turned it on and twisted the rate knob for about 10 seconds and I got the sound I wanted. I think there usually is a manual but I bought it used and it didn't have it in there. But to be honest, you're never going to need it! It's so easy to used. Just a depth Switch and a rate knob.