Small Clone Full-Chorus review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Small Clone Full-Chorus

Price paid: £ 50.47

Purchased from: Guitar, Amp and Keyboard

I'm currently using it along side a Big Muff and a BOSS DS-1 running through a Marshall MG15DFX. As for guitars, it's an Epiphone G310 SG, a Squier Strat with a Duncan JB in the bridge and a Fender CD100CE acoustic. It really is a very "Natural" sounding chorus probably because it's analog. I got this mainly because I play Nirvana's stuff, and he used this pedal as well, and you can't get closer to his chorusy clean tones with this. It is not a weak chorus sound in the slightest compared to some of the Boss chorus pedals that are quite complicated and just don't (In my opinion) sound as good. If you turn the rate up there is some more very grungy clean sounds in there. One thing I love about this pedal is that it's kinda 3 effects in 1. If you have the rate quite low, you get a similar sound to a Phaser, which I do sometimes find useful. Obviously you've got your chorus tones but then rolling up the rate some more you get some quite good flanger sounds in there as well. I find it a very useful pedal and it's got some brilliant sounds.

I got this way back in March mainly because Kurt Cobain used it but also for some of my own stuff. I've been playing for coming up to 3 years now and find it really useful. If it were stolen I'd go and buy another one because it is essential in what I play. It makes anything sound cool. I love it's simplicity and how easy it is to use - 2 controls with all those brilliant sounds! I sometimes wish it had a separate dial for the depth so you could get more of a range of depth rather than just deep or shallow, though you can control alot with the rate. Overall, Great sounding, easy to use and not ridiculously expensive either.

It seems reliable. It has a metal casing so hopefully won't break any time soon. I can depend on it. Yer, I don't see a need for a backup, because this is one of the best chorus pedals and probably the best for my style so I wouldn't buy some other chorus pedal and certainly wouldn't buy the same pedal again when I've already got one. It is reliable and shouldn't really break or anything after just one show. Should last for ages.

It's easy enough to get a good sound. With only 2 controls, a Depth and a Rate control it is pretty surprising with the amount of sounds you can get. I just always have it on a classic chorus tone with the rate at about 10 o' clock and the Depth control in the 1st position. I haven't modded it because it simply does not need modding. All you'll do is just make it complicated and hard to use and probably mess up it's nice sound. Overall, really easy to use.