Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai

I use this effect after my Boss DD-7 for this wierd delay effect. I am using it with a Peavey Rage 158 but I am getting a better amp, but even through that it sounds great. I love the fact that the Reverse Echo is really a reverse effect I mean I love this effect. I also manage to get this church organ effect on this pedal with a fast slapback delay and the decay on 10. This pedal sounds great, I noticed that loop settings can get your recording and reverse it and that was good but the adjusting the speed of the recording seemed to compromise the quality of your recording to something more digital sounding (but then again it's a Digital Delay pedal).

I play a lot of 90s alt, psychedelic, and some unorthodox stuff and this pedal suit's them all for me. I've been playing for about 4 or 5 years and I finally told myself(I need a delay pedal) so I bought the DD-7 then memory man. I also own EHX small stone, EHX Russian and Amercian Big Muffs, DigiTech Whammy, Boss DD-7, Dumlop Dime Crybaby from Hell, and an EHX Soul Preacher (kind of a gear whore). I don't really use the Loop mode but the other modes I saved my presets on every Hazarai mode. If it were lost or stolen all I can say that the poor bastard's face would be rearranged, believe I will. I use a Boss DD-7 and this pedal is my main delay bitch.

The pedal is very durable it still manages to survive after a month of my seismic stomping so it's going to last me a good long time. I depend on it anytime I need a delay effect, I would would use it on a gig without a backup because well I can't afford another one at the moment. But believe me this pedal is durable, the thing that I'm starting to like about EHX is that they are putting their FX pedals in these die cast metal casings which they should've done to begin with because well I have to be gentle with my small stone and my big muff, and I'm a gentle guy when it comes to effects.

I bought this around late January after hearing some of the awesome stuff it had on one of those EHX effects sampler discs. I was kind of confused at first how to use it, but after reading the manual it made so much more sense. It has 6 knobs: Blend (dry/wet ratio), Decay (a reverb knob basically), Filter (High Pass/Low Pass filter), Repeats (feedback knob really), Delay (your delay time), Hazarai (your preset selector). It also has stereo inputs and outputs (which I don't use but need to). The Hazarai modes are as follows: Echo Section: 3 sec, 1 sec, 300mS+mod. Multi-Tap Section: 3 sec, 1 sec, 1 sec+Rev. Deja Vu Section: Reverse Echo, Loop. Each mode can have a saved preset which I found to be a really neat feature. It also has a tap tempo, which is great for delaying with the beat of your foot. The mod delay on this can range from this flange/chorus like effect to this wierd Pink Floyd background effect that I manage to get after screwing around with knobs. You have to really tweak this pedal to get that sound you want, it's not really hard just experiment with it.

Serjem
    electro marmonix. best effects ever. a bit expensive tho but they are GREAT.
    busted_hater
    Serjem wrote: electro marmonix. best effects ever. a bit expensive tho but they are GREAT.
    i wouldn't say they are expensive. you get what you pay for. Quality Quality Quality! Not many pedas beat them!