Voice Box review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Voice Box

Purchased from: Atlanta Discount Music

There are many sounds you can achieve with it, CSNY, The Beach Boys, and other great harmonizers can be easily achieved after a little adjusting. I used an OLP guitar with vol. On 10 as well as tone, on the bridge pickup (humbucker). The amp I used was a Crate GTD65 on the Overdrive channel. The effects literally sound like a three piece choir, it's unbelievable how the sound quality is so great. If you know how to program yes you can pretty much get the harmonizing sounds of anybody.

I play classic rock, and some folk. It's a great match because of all the harmonies used back then. I've been playing about 5 years, and always dreamed of this pedal. I got all the info I needed from EHX's site, and I was set on buying it. I would buy it again and again if I had it stolen, lost, or (unlikely) broken. I love how it takes the chords your playing and uses the key of the song to match the harmonies, there really isn't anything you can hate about this pedal. There weren't even any comparable products to this, EHX really stepped up to the plate. Can't complain about anything and nothing to wish for, but they'll think of something I bet.

Well come on, it's an EHX in the first place, so you know it's gonna be built like a tank. Usual metal housing allows for throwing it and overall abuse (not recommended however). I would certainly only need 1 for any type of gig. It had a problem with a crooked pot when I first bought it, but it doesn't really matter anyway.

The EHX Voice Box looks complicated to the naked eye, but once you learn how to work it, you'll love it. There are 8 "Harmony modes" and a "vocoder mode" that can also be made to sound like a talk box in some cases. There knobs are blend, how much of the actual vocal vs the harmonies, Reverb, both dry and harmonies, a Gender Bender, pretty self explanatory, a Voice Mix, to transition between more high or low harmonies and a Mode button. It has a Mic Gain Switch for extra gain on the vocals, and has a Phantom power Switch for condenser mics. It has in's and out's of Guitar and Vocals, and a bypass Switch. The manual will teach you all you need to know, and you'll be set!

thirdeye_15
    i got one these bad boys, i havent used it as much as id like, but it is amazing none the less!
    withoutanyname
    i had one and it was incredible, but i must return it 'cause there's somekind of problem with the output... i don't know what it is... when i plug the inst.-out, it makes an awful background noise... i tried many things, changing the guitar, jacks, mics, etc... it's still doing it... it really sucks, damn this pedal is so cool, hopefully i'll get another one, which i wish it'll work properly!! another 3 weeks without it... damn shipping...
    Aaron_Reece
    I've been having problems with mine lately and I can't find out where they're coming from. It doesn't seem to be taking in a signal so I thought it could have been my mic, but I tried three different ones and nothing really changed.Anyone have any helpful advice?