Blender review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Fender: Blender

Price paid: € 125

Purchased from: eBay

When playing I'll use a combination of My Gibson Firebird, Gibson Les Paul, Fender Stratocaster (Dimarzio Pickups), and ESP Eclipse II (Seymour Duncan Pickups). As for amps I'll either use my JCM 800 reissue head or my 1967 Fender Bassman (Blackface) head. This pedal was meant for making noise on almost all settings. The fuzz tones you will get out of this thing are pretty good. On high settings it sounds as if Satan had f####d Hendrix's fuzzbox and the fuzzbox had a child (Yes... That's really what it sounds like), which makes it one of the best and most unique fuzz pedals on the market in my opinion. Nevertheless, if you're a diehard Sonic Youth/Big Black fan... You definitely have to check out this pedal. This thing is a must for any if not all noise rock enthusiasts. When I play through it I always leave the boost Switch on as it sounds rather dull without it. Take note that it is a very distinct effect and most people would probably only use it sparingly. Well, I love this thing to death it also happens to be one of my least used effects primarily because of the fact that it sounds horrible when playing chords (Horrible in a sort of good way).

I play Alternative Rock in the bands I'm in and Jazz in my free time and it suits some Alt. Rock. So I do find it very useful during certain songs for a noisy chaotic effect but again... I don't use it much compared to my other effects. I've been playing since 2002 and own a decent amount of other professional gear. If it were stolen I'd try and buy a new one since they take a bit of time and effort to find. I'd love to play this with a Uni-Vibe and check out the sound I would get, I wish Fender would of taken that extra step and combined this with a Tremolo effect. But other than that I do like this pedal and I believe it'll be a permanent part of my studio/live rig and effects.

It seems pretty reliable as far as I can tell. I've had it for about a year and I haven't had one single problem with it thus far even though I've dropped it on countless occasions.

Well to start off this pedal isn't completely easy to get the sound you're looking for right away. Most of your time will be spent looking for that great sound that this pedal can provide. The manual wasn't very helpful other than telling me that I shouldn't put the pedal in water so I'd like to thank the people at Fender for that wonderful tip. The Blender I got was a 2007 reissue.

rackman
    How can I tell the age of my Fender Blender? I bought it new in around '69-'71. Long time ago and my hard drive is full (can't remember). I'm looking to sell it. 9.8 condition. Just plugged it in after 30yrs. Can't believe it - still works perfect.