Mustang Floor review by Fender

Fender: Mustang Floor

Purchased from: American Musical

I am using this with my Vintage Fender Mustang and a homebuilt tube amp that I made from a 1950 PA amp. The modelling for the Fender amps is very realistic, some of the effects are a bit weird (pitch shifter for example), but overall, the quality of the Fender amp sounds alone made it worth the investment for me. The best part of the Floor is the ability (inside the software) to download presets and backing tracks directly from Fender and then load them to the board. Within 20 minutes, I had dozens of additional presets loaded and customized. Very cool feature and one of the reasons I purchased. They figured out that people like me hate fiddling with buttons and wheels and knobs and moved the entire interface to the computer

For an old blues guy that started playing guitar in the early 70's, this is the perfect pedal board. I own other effects, about a dozen guitars and a half dozen amps. I really like just plugging my headphones into the board, sitting at the computer, creating custom sounds, adding backing tracks and recording. Although I don't gig professionally anymore, I wouldn't hestitate to use this. I did test the unit going into my small PA system and it worked fine. Although I would never give up my Vintage Crybaby, my Vintage Tube Screamer, etc, I really enjoy using those devices in conjunction with the Mustang Floor. It gives me the amp sounds I like (especially the Fender models), the ability to really tweak the sound, and a ton of community based content that makes experimentation effortless. Hard to believe that this thing only cost me slightly over $150, I feel it was a good value. I remember building my own flanger in 1978 from parts at Radio Shack, and it cost me at least half of that!

Very heavy duty,it is new, but I expect it to last a long time. The case is well made, there is no flex in the unit and because of the computer interface, I don't expect that the board itself will really see that much hard use. I use the computer interface for everything, and then just tap the switches to go back and forth. The pedal is a bit non linear, but I don't use it much, I have a Dunlop Crybaby from the 70s that I bought as a kid that I held onto. I wish I could put that Wah Wah pedal and motion onto the Floor, it would be a perfect combo.

I purchased the Fender Mustang Floor at the end of 2012, paid $157.50 after Fender's $25.00 off promotion and then an additional 10% coupon code from Amercian Musical. I plugged directly into my computer and was able to start loading/saving/customizing presets within 5 minutes. It is very simple to use, especially with Fender Fuse. Some notes on upgrades and manuals. First, there is a manual, but it is much faster to just get the serial number from the box and download the Fuse software and just get going with the software install. Second, the software requested that I update the firmware when I first turned it on, and it updated the unit with no problems. I really like the entire user experience on the Fender site, it is very simple to use. Again, I was cranking that blues vibe through a Fender Bassman with 4x12 stack with custom bias in less than 30 minutes of opening the box. That is about as simple as it gets.

merlocaballero
    I bought a Fender Mustang floor and I really like it at all, but there are things I do not like much as I can not use two at the same preset delay, is limited to one of each, in updating fender fuse does not appear that brings new acualizacion, expression pedal I find it hard to put a wha, everything else in this super I love and I'm pretty satisfied. I'm from Nicaragua greetings
    thejefflegg
    Online forums are inundated with guys who have chose the MF (at $200) hands down over the Line6 Pod 500HD. Many even returning their Pod purchase and going with this great product. I use it for church mainly.I just line in to the PA and it sounds great. I just bought a new Marshall DSL100h Half stack. I am still in the process of trying to use just the effects of the MF so I can keep that amazing tube tone. Integrating all this equipment has never been my strong suit. I'm sure Ill get it to work. The MF is worth twice the $$$...
    sedge121
    i recently bought one, can anyone tell me how to alter the pedal into a wah pedal ??
    sedge121
    i recently bought one, can anyone tell me how to alter the pedal into a wah pedal,,,sedge1@hotmail.co.uk
    shane3620
    I bought one a few months ago , I was kind of disappointed with it at first. The overdrive channels hum really loud. Aside from that , once I hooked it into my computer and started noodling with it , I got some really great tones out of it. The compressor is of really good quality. I really wish they would have givin it a few different distortions. I mean come on 1 distortion. I hope that some time in the future you can download more effect into it. I paid 200 + tax. Would I buy it again. No , I wouldn't.