PT-100 review by Fender

Fender: PT-100

Purchased from: Mohegan Sun Spin Street Ct

As for sound, it sounds very good. I use my custom Ernie Ball guitar and S101 Fender amp. It can make a sound that I can not describe when you have the volume knob on your guitar somewhere between four and six. I have not found out if this is my guitar or the pedal. Its probably my guitar, but just in case. It has always sounded brand newto me. I can get a Randy Rhoads "Crazy Train" sound, but it is still far from sounding anything like that song.

I play rock n roll and this effect is perfect for it. I have had this effect for many months now, and it is very good actually. There is nothing I wanted to ask before buying this. It came out exactly the way I and really any young guitarist would want it to turn out. If I lost it or it was stolen then I would probably buy it again, even though I have my eyes on a Slash or Kirk Hammet Cry Baby. I really just love everything about it and wouldn't want to change anything about it. I do not compare it to ther products. I hope this review was helpful. Bye!

You can absolutly count on this effect! It is my only effect, but when I have more this one will still still be in the top five, at least! I do not know if I should use this effect on a gig without a backup, I would be very nervous because I'm afraid that its battery will die on stage since its been going so long. So I would have to say bring one maybe two backup batteries.

This stompbox is very good I must say. It is easy enough for a six-year old to use. But, I have trouble turning it on when I am barefoot or not wearing shoes or slippers. Good and is easy to get a sound out of it. But be careful when you get it and want to use it. Plastic around the battery. This must be used or else you will blow it. It uses a nine volt battery (included) or a nine volt dc adapter; but make sure you take out the battery if you choose to use the adapter. I would rate the manual somewhere around a six or a seven. It tells you how to hook up the amp to your guitar and amp, a useful feature for someone who decides to make this their first effect. It also tells you all the parts of the effect. It does not, however, tell you the firmware revision number, so be careful if you wish to upgrade it. Its batterys have lasted me for at least six months.

ShaneCallaghan
    _Sepis_ wrote: Do I have to disconnect the plug from output 1 and connect it to output 2 for silent tuning and then plug it again to output 1 to continue playing through the amp or can I just keep the plug connected to output 2 the whole time and just press the pedal for silent tuning/through amp playing? Maybe a dumb question but I'm just curious
    Sorry for the very late reply but for future enquiries from others, you just plug the guitar into the input on the left and for silent tuning, use output two which is the top output. Then once you step on the pedal it kills the volume.