PT-100 review by Fender

Fender: PT-100

Price paid: € 75

Purchased from: Reynolds Letterkenny

I use this for both my guitar and bass. It works quite well for both. It doesn't interrupt the signal or alter it in anyway. The kill volume function is quite handy for the mid gig tune so you're not droning on and on over the top of everyone else. This sits right at the start of my signal, I don't know how that's relevant but I can see how it may change it's effectiveness after my DigiTech Whammy. It gets a 5 because it doesn't change the sound in any way.

I play everything from pop to metal and this thing doesn't hold any bias in sound toward either end of the spectrum. If it were lost or stolen I'd get myself the Korg Pitch Black, that's the tuner I was hoping for but I desperately needed a floor tuner for a big gig and when I went to my local music shop they didn't have any in stock so it was second best till it breaks. I wish it had the power output that the Pitch Black and TU-2 have but beggars can't be choosers.

I've had this pedal for a few months now, has been quite reliable and hasn't cut out on me or anything. I don't use batteries so I can't comment on power usage, power supplies FTW. I did have an ugly and complete shit bricking incident while gigging a while back. Some very intoxicated half dressed man knocked over every glass on the bar next to where I was set up and covered myself, my amp, guitar and pedals in liquid. My initial thought was, oh shit, my power supply input sticks out a little from the pedal so I may be getting a shock soon. But luckily. I'm alive to tell the story and the tuner is still working, despite actually having dripped fluid from every nook and cranny in it. Maybe I was just lucky and I got a good one. Can't ask much more of a pedal than that so full marks.

It's a standard pedal tuner. Easy to use, plug in and select your output. The top output kills the volume of the signal so you can tune quietly. There is a manual with it but you really don't need it. It's really simple to use. It's a bog standard pedal tuner with bright and large diodes to show you exactly what's going on or tuning.