'69 review by Fulltone

Fulltone: '69

Purchased from: Friend

I run this pedal through a '65 Twin Reverb and it sounds great. I've played in on a super reverb also and even on some old Crate amps. Usually you get the best sound per watts of the amp. This pedal is not to be confused with a tube screamer. For anyone Who is familiar with fuzz pedals and their sounds, it gives you just what you would want out of one. Some bands that I know of that use this are the Rolling Stones, Bush, and Joe Satriani.

Overall I'd say this pedal is great for blues musicians interested in adding a new effect to their board. It works well for helping boost that warm crunch sound also. I usually use mine for blues or if I cover any Hendrix, but sometimes I'll kick it on when playing some rock music and it gives my playing a unique attribute.

Fulltone effects are pretty reliable, at least from my experience. The only trouble I had with it was finding a power supply adapter with a positive center polarity. You can purchase them online or probably at a music store but I couldn't find one. I just use a 9 volt battery.

The '69 fuzz pedal is a very easy pedal to use. This pedal operates by use of a simple power on/off stomp Switch, and has adjusting knobs which give you full control of the output sound. The knobs are volume, bias, contour, and fuzz. By messing around with these you can get some great sounds, however be careful because this pedal can be sensitive when played on. It's great for trying to recreate that Hendrix sound (first two releases), or for blues.

seankellar
    Where can i buy the fulltone '69 considering fulltone doesnt make them any more?