Clyde Deluxe Wah review by Fulltone

Fulltone: Clyde Deluxe Wah

Purchased from: gift

I use this with a strat, an Orange OR50H and a ppc212 (with lots of effects). This compliments my effects well and plays well with others. True bypass for less noise introduced in the signal when bypassed. When engaged, the sweep of the Wah is pronounced, natural and smooth; definitely notice the upgrade over my old crybaby wah. I like this Wah because of it's flexibility, a bit of a generic sound makes it more of your own. Plus if you want a more or less dramatic Wah for you particular applications, you can change to one right one the spot. Haven't found anything I haven't like about it yet.

I play a varied style of music rooted in improv, I needs something that can fit my mood, and this product delivers lots of versatility. I've been playing about 13 years and this thing is one of the better wahs I've played(Teese makes a damn fine Wah too). I would replace it if lost or stolen. Thanks for a making a completely usable wah, would like to see the price come down a bit. I know it's loaded with options, but the most expensive parts in this are the housing, pot and inductor. Shouldn't be quite so expensive.

Looks beefy, internal wiring in pretty immaculate. He seems to use the correct materials for the correct construction(pcb boards on pots and jacks, only the tone circuit is handwired). Nice jacks, sweet ICAR pot, custom inductor. Reeks of quality, which gives me warm fuzzies all over.

Very easy to use, it's a wah. Very smooth toe click operation and a nice led to let you know if it's engaged. This pedal also has 2 chicken head knobs on the side. One 10 step knob controls a boost on the pedal(not for my tastes, but it is there for those who want it). The other 3 way knob controls 1 of 3 settings: Whacked: thick and deep, sounds great with bass, almost like a low pass filter Jimi: like the Original clyde wah Shaft: like a maestro boomerang, more bite and spit, not so deep

CryingAlone
    Pretty good review, very detailed, but you gave it the "shining star" review with a perfect score in every way. Thus I'm inclined to look elsewhere for a review that states some flaws. But like I said, very detailed. Also, chickenhead knobs? lol wut
    gumbilicious
    well the problem is, it is a shining star. i would have posted lower scores if it deserved any. but this pedal met my expectation(which i like to think are pretty high). the only other pedal i would know to do that would be a teese wah(but even those didn't have the boomerang option). it is a shame that discounts the review though. its a real top notch product.