FD2 Mosfet review by Fulltone

Fulltone: FD2 Mosfet

Purchased from: Ebenex music

The Fulldrive 2 has loads of tones you could get out of it. From Vintage sounding amp overdrives to more modern pedal overdrives, this pedal offers it all. I'm currently using a Fender 60th Anniversary Strat into a Peavey Microbass. Strangely enough, when the fulldrive is connected to my Ernie ball jr volume pedal and the cables are place in a certain angle, bringing down the volume using the pedal picks up radio stations. The fulldrive 2 also has it's artist endorsements, John Mayer being one of the many out there using this. The overdrives that this pedal offers can go from being gritty to smooth as baby's bottem. The boost function allows the Overdrive to get even grittier and louder for any solo you're tackling.

I've been playing most styles, from jazz to rock, but I've been into rock lately and the Fulldrive nails all the tones I want to achieve. It actually sounds good with my other pedal, a Boss CE-5 and DD-6. Stacking it with a Line 6 tone core Dr Distorto also bring out even more colorful distortion. This has been on my wishlist ever since I heard samples of it and seen it on so many people's board. The boost function however is a bit of a letdown. The boost doesn't serve to have the discernible volume change as much I want it to. But the modes and the voicings make up for that. I think this pedal stands alone and can't really be compared to other pedals. And yes if it was lost/stolen, I'll buy a new one and kill the guy Who stole mine.

Well, definitely, it saw me through a couple of playing engagements recently. It's built like a tank but doesn't weigh like one. All in all, it's been reliable, never working erratically like the Visual Sound route 66 I used to have. The fulldrive 2 has seen many a person through a gig without fail, and mine appears to do so too. And yes I wouldn't have a backup since I don't think anything out there can do what the fulldrive 2 can.

Well, it's an overdrive pedal with lots of tonal options on it. There are 3 modes Vintage, flat mids and compcut. There are also two voicings available, standard and Mosfet. The fulldrive 2 has a boost button too for that extra juice during solos. The boost can only be activated when the pedal is on.The manual is quite decent I guess, just tells you what each knob does and has some suggested settings. This model is the latest one from Fulltone, not the older fulldrive 2 without the mosfet voicing.

nemo636
    I think the boost is to give it a more thicker, full tone than "loud" per se. I love mine, and you're right, it's built like a tank but lighter than you'd expect. I love how the craftsmanship stands out. Everything is very well put together, and even signed in the inside, and hand-dated with the production date on the bottom label.
    Kevin Saale
    The boost is basically just another voicing, you can actually set it to have less gain than the "normal" channel on the pedal.