FD2 Mosfet review by Fulltone

Fulltone: FD2 Mosfet

Purchased from: Guitar Emporium

I'm using this with an Epiphone SG Prophecy GX and a Crate V18-212. This pedal just sounds amazing; that Vintage sounding Overdrive that I have been looking for, and the boost Switch gives more gain for a sweet lead tone. And it has never been noisy on any setting.

I play a lot of classic rock music and it suits that perfectly. I am 110% satisfied with this pedal; I have no complaints or concerns. I love the boost feature because I like more gain for my solos. And if it were lost or stolen I would get another as fast as I could.

This pedal is built in a sturdy metal case that seems very dependable. I can imagine that if it were dropped that absolutely nothing would be damaged, but then again I wouldn't drop it. And I would definitely use it at a gig without a backup. Of course, I would have to get a gig first.

A pretty simple pedal, 4 knobs and two switches. Volume, Tone(which only deals with higher frequencies), Overdrive and Boost. There is a three way Switch for the Overdrive channel, Compcut, which is the clean boost setting. Flat Mids gives more gain and flattened mids. And Vintage, which is the mode with the most gain and boosted mids. Then their is the two way Switch for the Boost channel. Standard, which adds more gain. And MOSFET, which adds more gain and low end boost. It is very easy to get a good sound out of this, although the tone knob is a bit iffy and it took me a while to get it just right, but when I did it was fantastic.