Full-Drive 2 Mosfet review by Fulltone

Fulltone: Full-Drive 2 Mosfet

Purchased from: eBay

Yes the very simple layout makes it hard to screw up. The tone control is wide enough to darken a bright sound or brighten a dark tone. It simply requires one to explore the different settings including the Boost side. That side has enough boost to suit most players, it certainly does me anyway. It's extremely easy & without presets (thank God) that ease of use leads to set & forget pedal which is always a welcome quality. An analogue man TS-9 in front or behind is truly a sweet singing blues sound.

Vintage rock & dance cover band, personal taste from Hendrix to Eric Johnson. It works well with Fuchs OD 30, Budda 18 & Kendrick Gig Rig. It suits gigging & woodshedding as well. IMUO this is a pedal that stays on clean boost/tone thickener especially at low volumes. It is in "comp cut" toggle position & adds a LOT of harmonics clean & even more so with pedals or amp distortion. It just has that special sauce that appeals to many players I know. It is drop dead quiet & LIVES on my pedal board. It's my favorite pedal as it stays on!

The build is as good as they come & has been ridden hard & out up wet for about 100 gigs+! It has never failed me although occasionally the output jack will act up... Probably needs some tweaking as it had been seriously stomped on. It is heavy & has a huge footprint so allow a lot of real-estate. That real-estate has become very precious with all the awesome pedals the last 10 years or so! But it has never failed me for about 6 years of use. It is my favorite pedal if you can't tell & if that doesn't rate a 10 what does?

Beside gigging, I enjoy playing to backing tracks. Most of them range from soft jazz to blues to Toni Iommi. I am a Black Sabbath freak as I was a kid when "Paranoid" came out. This pedal is great for cascading gain stages by slamming an OCD with clean Fulldrive! It just adds that special harmonic overtones sauce like none of my other pedals do. (12 OD pedals). The Fuchs is the opposite of the Fender-esque' Kendrick but all guitars, from 53 tele my dad bought new to PRS HB2 they all sound like they should. I will never take this clean magic' pedal off the board & would replace quickly.