OCD V1 review by Fulltone

Fulltone: OCD V1

Purchased from: Pro Guitar Shop.com

This pedal sounds great, and I imagine it'd sound great in any rig. My rig is a PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow (mahogany body, two humbuckers) to a Vox AC15. It makes for a great tone in ANY genre. It's chock full of rich harmonics. It literally sound like an amp, not a pedal. Great for a touch of dirt for Indie, great singing blues tones, and a genuinely sweet classic rock tone. With the Drive knob all the way up it'll evoke those great classic rock legends, such as Led Zeppelin. The Fulltone OCD isn't noisy, even with the Drive all the way up. The OCD is very transparent too. Depending on your set-up, it'll sound different. Your Vintage LP will still sound like your Vintage LP through the OCD. In front of your Marshall Plexi, you'll still get the character of your Plexi. This pedal sounds more like a second channel on your amp, rather than an 'effect.' It's full on rich harmonics, and versatile Overdrive tone that'll work wonderfully for anyone.

My overall impression with this pedal is one word: Wow. Imagine you're favorite rig having one more channel, one for set of great tonal possibilities. The Fulltone OCD is the pedal to improve any rig, not matter the player, the rig, or the genre. This is great for my styles of playing, which ranges from folk, to Indie, to classic rock, to metal. This works great for everything. If someone stole this pedal I would be pretty pissed. I use it everytime I play, either as an OD, or as a clean boost. I wuld just have to grit my teeth and buy another. I love the fact that you can just plug this pedal in and get a great tone. All you have to do is fiddle with a few knobs to get a perfect tone for you. I compared this to a lot different products, but in the end I knew there was one OD pedal that rules supreme for me, the Fulltone OCD.

This thing is built like a truck. Tough aluminium enclosure, it just feels good in your hand. It could take a serious can of whoop ass, for sure. I would gig with it without a backup. I have Faith in Fulltone's manufacturing, I think this thing could withstand A LOT before giving up.

This pedal is super easy to get a great tone out of it. Turn everything to noon and you've got a classic tone right there. It's a straight-foward pedal, with a Volume, Tone, and Drive knob, but it has the extra feature of the 'HP/LP' Switch, which means High Peak/Low Peak. I'll explain that more a bit later.

mergapoot
    i'm looking for an od pedal to boost the distortion and tighten the tone of my amps distortion. Whats better the keeley/ibanez TS9 mod or the the OCD?