OCD V1 review by Fulltone

Fulltone: OCD V1

No matter where you dial this in, it has great musical tones. I use it more for a cleaner boost into my tube head. But it gets a really great gain structure on its own. There are a million uses for it instead of just setting it and leaving it, I find myself always noddling with it for differing boosts or Drive tones. A keeper pedal, no matter what I change on my board I will never drop my OCD, I made that mistake once before I will not lose it again. I use a Fat Boost in front of this and that combo is major tone. If you like strats like I do, the OCD and Fat Boost are must have pedals. The OCD is very tube like in dynamic response Pick it light or hard and you get a tube response on the gain, roll off the volume and it cleans up without losing tone. Other ODs just clip at a certain level they do not have the english this has in feel or touch!

The OCD is a classic and it is worth more than the going price which is around 139-160 depending where you look. If you like OD you will like this pedal even if you are a TS mod nut, nothing is like this pedal. I run differing ODs and high gains on my board just for the options. The OCD is a permanent resident.

Fulltone, is I think as good as good gets. Some boutique pedals get ground loop problems or the occasional Switch pop from charging issues. Always use a proper isolated supply and cycle the Switch before you bring your amp off standby. I dig Fulltone myself. I have two on my board now and plan for more when possible.

These are around 150 and well worth it. Both of Fulltone's drives are reasonable in cost for a boutique pedal and they are quality. I get tired of TS mods. This is a different animal. Easy to dial in, gain level, tone control, and vol level. A LP low peak and a HP high peak switch. Use the LP for cleaner and more Fender tones the HP for more gain and a more Marshall sound. (More bass on HP and a slight bump at 3.5k)