OCD V1 review by Fulltone

Fulltone: OCD V1

Purchased from: Gift

I am using this pedal with a Fender Mustang II amp, a DigiTech Whammy, and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus. This pedal gives a lot of noise- in the good way. It gives you a perfect overdrive, without any of the extra gunk some pedals give you. So perfect, in fact, that I use it as my main overdrive. This means that I can Switch between an overdriven and a perfectly clean, Acoustic sound with a press of a button. The effects on this pedal are strong and muscular, and when you have it on a lesser drive, they are almost... Imposing. You can almost hear the power of the pedal waiting to burst forth. It sounds incredible. I play with a lot of Drive in my music, alternative, classic rock and metal, so this pedal is absolutely perfect. I play a lot of Muse, Led Zeppelin, and Metallica (their earlier stuff). For Muse, the sound is impeccable. What's great is that this pedal sounds AMAZING on drop octave. I <3 it. Led Zeppelin... It can give you the most satisfying, eargasm inducing sounds i've ever heard. The riffs sound bluesy and towering at the same time, which i have never before experienced. And for Metallica... WOAH... Master of Puppets is a really hard song for overdrive, but this pedal handles it perfectly, without any of the crappy sounds that come from your amp or lower quality pedals.

Perfect pedal. I can't really say anything more. I've never in my entire extensive guitar career seen a pedal that can act as a main Overdrive with amp od at zero. I would buy this pedal again if stolen. And I am confident I would do this over and over again. I hate nothing about this pedal, and it has everything. I am almost brimming with passion as I write this, because this pedal is, in one word, SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!!

Solid, strong, sturdy. I wouldn't need a backup for this pedal. The only thing that I would wish for is a plug included with your purchase, because the battery runs out after 20 hours of playing. Seems like a lot, but I play a lot too. After I got a plug though, everything was fine. The only "backup plan" I would have at a gig would be an extra battery.

This may well be the best Overdrive pedal in the world. It has a beautiful, rich, deep sound, with Killer harmonics. It's very simple and effective. All you have to do to change the Overdrive level is adjust the tone knob on your guitar. And since this pedal acts perfectly as a main overdrive, (as gritty as it gets, when you want it to be), the amount of control you have over it is stunning. I have had this pedal for a year, and I am still in awe over it.