OCD V1 review by Fulltone

Fulltone: OCD V1

I'm playing a Gibson Les Paul with a Gibson 500t ceramic bridge pickup through an Orange Rocker 30 head with a Orange ppc 212 cab. This thing will make your amp LOUD! It's not only an Overdrive pedal it can be used as a clean boost by turning down the Drive and tone and upping the volume. This thing can go from a subtle overdrive/boost pedal to beyond Overdrive bordering on distortion. Also it has this Switch that lets you Switch from high pass and low pass, pretty much flip it up, sound like you're playing through a mid/high gain Marshall tone, flip it down sound like you're playing through a smooth Fender tube amp. You should watch how much you turn up the tone, it'll get a bit harsh tone wise, I don't set mine above noon. This thing lets you sound like you're playing on your favorite rock band's album, all you gotta do is find how much Drive to use.

I play experimental mathrock/jazz mostly, but I do get asked and choose to play more conventional rock/blues and even a little heavy stuff, also I incorporate that heavy Overdrive into my sound. I've been playing for around 7-8 years. If it were lost/stolen I would cry, then sell a kidney to get another one. I love that it's easy to use and feels good to turn on and it sounds above all else "amazing".

It looks and feels pretty sturdy but I'm weary of the design on the casing, it's a two part casing with a bend piece as the top and sides with the bottom piece being the bottom and front and back, feels kind of weird. Also it is small but like I said it's sturdy.

Wow, this is probably my favorite pedal on my board. I tried out an Ibanez tubescreamer was very impressed then was suggested I try this one out. I dipped into my savings for the extra $40 to buy this pedal instead of the tubescreamer. This pedal is as easy as setting the knobs in almost any position and rocking out. That easy. The Switch has a nice firm click to it so it's easy and crisp to turn on.