OCD V1 review by Fulltone

Fulltone: OCD V1

I have a Fender blues junior, with an Epiphone explorer. It sounds great. My favorite thing about this pedal is its versitality. Turn the Drive all the way down, and you have a perfect volume booster. A little up, around a third, it sounds like a naturally overdriven amp. Little higher, two thirds to three quarters, and you're looking at some pretty hard distortion. Crank it, and its basically fuzz. And its just one pedal. There is basically no noise here. I haven't noticed any, at least. When its off, its off. Also, this thing plays like a tube amp. That is to say, light strokes don't get as dirty as if you hit the strings as hard as you can, and I like that a lot.

You can basically use this for any style of music. It was very highly recommended to me, and when I tested it out, I couldnt help but agree. If this thing were stolen, I would sell all of my belongings and pursue the theif. I love how flexable this thing is, and how easy it is to tweak. I don't need to get a second Overdrive pedal for a booster, I've got one right here. I did compare this to a few others, most notalby the tube screamers. Although they did put up a fight, they just didn't sound as good on my amp. Personal preference, really, those a great pedals. Basically, this is one of my favorite pedals. P.S., it looks cool.

This thing is very durable, I think. Not quite at the level of a Boss product, but seems sturdy. Just open it up, and you can see how thick the plating is. So, don't play football with it, but if you do drop it, I doubt it'll explode then and there. The battery life is pretty good (use good quality batteries though). You can tell that the batteries are on the way out, because the LED starts dimming. But, and this is a big plus, the sound is not affected in the least. Score. I played a gig with this thing, battery was dying, it held on just fine. Bad idea, but it worked. Just be sure to unplug the inout, although unlike a Boss pedal, leaving it in overnight wont completely drain the batteries. The best bet, like any pedal, is a dc converter, but batteries are not bad on this thing.

Nothing too fancy here. The three knobs are pretty straight forward. The little HP/LP Switch confused me for a bit, I thought it just gave you a boost, but I figured out that it gives a bit more distorted tone for HP. But this pedal should give you no problems.