OCD V1 review by Fulltone

Fulltone: OCD V1

This pedal sounds incredible. I run mine in front of a Fender Deluxe Reverb or a Silverface Champ. I can get either to sound as if on the verge of break up or turn them into roaring Marshall stacks. Fulltone professes that this pedal can achieve the sound of a cranked tube amp without actually having to crank one and it does. When I record in my studio at night I use the pedal on a very quiet deluxe, yet the tracks sound HOT and full.

Simply outstanding. I spent a good few months researching Overdrive pedals, digging through reviews and going to shops. The OCD was constantly recommended to me and I took a chance and ordered one without ever playing it in person. It's become the main feature of my distorted sound. I would replace it in a heartbeat and am considering purchasing a second one to use as an additional "channel" to my deluxe. If you're looking for a (somewhat) affordable Overdrive to light distortion pedal, look no further. The OCD is incredible. I've been using mine for 6 months and never had a second thought.

The pedal is solid. It's entire casing is metal as is the switch. I have no fear of it failing me in the foreseeable future.

This pedal is incredibly easy to use and not just because it only has 3 knobs. It's incredibly easy to dial a good tone. Nearly any setting on the pedal sounds "good." The volume and gain knobs are self explanatory and the tone knob works on a simple principle of adding treble and cutting bass as it's turned. Never fear bottomless tones however, as you increase the gain the low end increases with it.