OCD V1.4 review by Fulltone

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Fulltone: OCD V1.4

Purchased from: Singapore

I'm using the OCD with my Laney LC15R, with my AV Fender Jaguar, Fender Stratocaster HSS and my Greco Les Paul with Z90s fitted onto it. This pedal is not noisy at all. Hardly any noise, even at high gain. Since I have an MI Audio Crunchbox for most high gain stuff, I don't really use the OCD for most of my high gain playing, mainly for light/medium overdrive. The OCD is very dynamic, and reacts to your playing. Light picking will result in a very transparent almost clean sound, and heavy picking/strumming will result in heavier gain overdriven tones. It is great. It acts like a tube amp too, and the volume knob on your guitar affects the amount of Drive too. I leave it at high peak mode, at around 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock gain, depending on what I want to play, sometimes pushing past 1 o'clock, or rolling back the Drive too. Suprisingly, my Boss Blues Driver BD-2 treats my OCD very well. I like to play it stacked with my BD-2 or my Crunchbox (at low gain).

I love this pedal. I play a lot of music, from softer rock, alternative rock, "normal" rock, hard rock and heavy metal, but mainly rock and hard rock. I have been playing for over 3 years, and this is easily one of the best overdrive pedal I've tried. I'd get it again if it were stolen or lost. I love the way it complements my other pedals so well. With the OCD, I feel like the best out of all my existing pedals are being used properly. It sort of completes my rig.

This pedal is the smallest and heaviest pedal I've ever owned, with the exception of my crybaby. This pedal would be a able to withstand impact, although I wouldn't know, as I've never dropped this pedal before. I would use it without a backup, definitely. This pedal defintiely has a permanent place on my pedalboard.

The OCD version 1.4 is a very versatile pedal, one of the most versatile overdrive/distortion pedals around. Volume, tone and drive controls, high and low peak settings, red LED (I prefer the blue one). The OCD sounds great when you plug it in, even with settings all flat, but it takes a while of tweaking to get the tone I like. This pedal is versatile as hell, from mild drive to heavy distortion (sorta like a Marshall JTM). You can use this pedal for any genre, from soft rock to hard rock and blues. Even heavy metal when you have an already driven tube amp.