OCD V4 review by Fulltone

Fulltone: OCD V4

Price paid: € 166

Purchased from: www.thomann.de

I am using a Gibson SG with it. It doesn't produce any noise. I don't think that I purchased it because of any specific favourite artist, but to me its sound is awesome classic rock. If you feed it with 18V instead of 9V, it is supposed to have different effect on the sound, but I haven't yet tried it with 18V supply. There is a Lohw-High Peak knob and I use it at HP if I want to get a classic Rock sound and at Low if I want to get something more bluesy.

I simply love this small guy. I play Rock and Blues but I use it mostly for Rock. I would definitely buy it if it got lost/stolen. It's not that I need it that much in order to get a specific sound for (i.e.) my band. It's that I just feel a connection with it. The only con for OCD is its price, it could be a little lower.

I am taking extreme care of my pedals, so I don't know its limits. It looks pretty steady though. In the manual it says that even if you plug it to a positive tip adaptor it will not by burned. Also you can feed it with voltages between 9 and 18. These are details that show how carefully designed this pedal is.

I own a V4 OCD. Extremely easy pedal to use. Actually it's pretty hard to get a sound out of it that you will not like. One page manual, but you will not need anything more. I haven't done any mod on it and I don't think that I will need one, I get all the classic Rock sounds that I can imagine and no noise at all.

CALiS*TX
    i brought it as second hand. i use, hardwire tl-2 & GE7, part of boast it, OCD blew it off! For straight metalcore without switching it off, Gain Knob at TL-2, i turn it "0". OCD get the character of distort! awesome OCD! sweeping, tapping etc, sound so damn clear!