OCD V4 review by Fulltone

Fulltone: OCD V4

Purchased from: Chicago Music Exchange

Let me start off by saying that there is literally no bad sound from this pedal. I use it at gigs with a Squier Vintage Modified Strat with the Clapton Midboost and a Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster, going through a Fender style Tube amp. It's the best Overdrive pedal I've ever heard and used. My favorite setting is having the Drive at 2:00, Tone at 3:00, and the volume varies depending on the amp volume. I use it on the HP mode. It has a very British sounding crunch which combines nicely with the Fender clean tone I use. It really has a nice fat, smooth, creamy tone that is really unbeatable. People say that it's similar to a TS808... But it's not even close. The LP mode is a less midrangey, more scooped Overdrive which is nice for a boost or low-gain blues tones. The Midboost in my Strat just supercharges this pedal when I roll it up. It adds a lot of harmonics and Drive to it. The range of the Drive on this pedal goes from clean boost to full on fuzz.

I play mostly Alt Rock (Switchfoot, U2) and this is a perfect fit for it. If this were stolen, I would definitely buy another. I know that from now on, I won't need another Overdrive pedal ever again. It's the ultimate Overdrive pedal. GET ONE!

It's Handmade in California... Very sturdy and very reliable.

There are the typical thre knobs, Drice, Volume, and Tone. There is also a HP/LP switch which changes the character of the Overdrive. Pretty simple to use.

jedimacwin
    I bought one of these and a Way Huge Green Rhino the same day, couldn't decide while I was in the store. Got them home and after many hours of A/B comparison I decided to keep the Rhino. I just found it to be an overall more natural sounding pedal, much better tone than the OCD.
    na3d
    Got one yesterday! Fantastic pedal. I used to own a TS 808 and don't like it because it boosts only the mids. The OCD is perfect in everything, it's smooth, creamy, tone rich, you can get much more gain then the TS 808, it's true bypass and it's HANDBUILT in U.S.A.