Greenie Classic Distortion review by GFS

GFS: Greenie Classic Distortion

Purchased from: GuitarFetish.com

I am running several guitars through it pushing from a Peavey Studio Pro 110 solid state amp. It really sounds good on all of my guitars through this amp. It has three different settings Classic, Fat, and Tight. The Fat setting sounds amazing through my amp, and I plugged my LP into a Peavey DB amp and set it on the classic setting. Absolutely great sound, with a little tweaking, you can get almost any of the classic lead sounds from Clapton to the Allman Bros and I play some pretty good WSP and Govt Mule covers through it as well. The tight setting is a little more of a modern sound, I don't really play with it much so I can't comment on it.

I play in a cover band and we cover a wide variety of music. I absolutely could not go without this pedal. I have played through pedals that cost more than twice this much, and you aren't getting any better sound out of those than with this pedal. I love that its an easy to use analog configuration, because I like for things to be simple on stage so I don't accidentally mess something up. Its extremely durable. The only thing I would change is how touchy the knobs are, any little movement changes the tone dramatically, I would like a little more play in the knobs.

Totally dependable, I gig with it and wouldn't think of needing a backup. It is built very well. I actually dropped it on a cement floor and plugged it in and it was just fine. Solid construction and a really good value for the dollar!

This pedal is a super easy analog configuration. No need to even read any kind of instructions, its plug and play. The different settings are easy to Switch to and each provide a different sound. The knobs are a little touchy though, it seems as if the smallest movement changes the tone a lot.

sidewinderpro2
    mikeyElite
    i used to own this, good pedal for the money spent. held it's own against a ts9, and has more sound options.
    seemeel
    When it talks about Greenie, does it really mean Greeny? And if so, you will need to fiddle with your pups a bit to do it properly.
    seemeel
    sidewinderpro2 wrote: I believe the "Green" references the green case color of the Tube Screamer it emulates, not the blues god Peter Green.
    You saw what I did there. I don't know anything about this pedal - I figured it was coloured green because of the name - and the name had to come from somewhere, so why not Greeny, a guitarist whose tone has been sought after and replicated as much as any other?
    mfergel
    This is a Biyang pedal. According to Jay at GFS he had them make some circuit modifications. No way of knowing what those are without owning one of each.