EBow review by Heet Sound

Heet Sound: EBow

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Setup is easy all you need is one 9 volt battery (mine has lasted scince December). It is very noisy because it increases the volume of your guitar. How it works is it usees the pickups on your giutar and vibrates the string forever. You use mainly the pickup closest to the fretboard. I can definantly get the sounds of my favorite artists being Coldplay and The Killers who are the only two I've hear it from. Coldplay use it on thier live DVD and it sounds awsome. I went out and and bought it because it sounded great. The Killers use it on thier album on "Smile Like You Mean It" it forms the chorus melodie so it is great for that kind of work. You can get many sounds out of it (i.e. chello, violin, woodwind instuments, harmonica and of course the great rock gutar sound). Other features: it can be used as a slide and the front pickup is its hot spot so the closer you get to it the louder the sound so it works great for fading in and out.

I like to play any thing from soft rock to metal and the EBow works great in all situations. I have been playing for four years. I also own 2 effects pedals and an acoustic guitar (the EBow doesn't work on acoustics unless it is electric). If it was stolen or lost I would replace it in a heart beat. I love the awsome sound it makes I don't like that you somtimes get some feedback from it which is good somtimes too. I can't compare it because its a one of a kind product. I highly recommend this product.

You con definantly depend on it. I would use it with only a back up battery in case the other one wears out. It works reat live.

First of all not many people know about the EBow. It is a handheld electronic bow device that lets you sustain a note on your guitar for ever (basically until the batteries run out). It is easy to use though it takes you anywhere to 10 to 30 minutes to get used to it. It takes the place of the Pick in your hand. It produces an awsome suond! The manual includes an instructional tape that tells you everything you need to know.