AD9 Analog Delay review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AD9 Analog Delay

Price paid: € 125

Purchased from: soundservice Bob de Jong

I use this pedal in combination with an Epiphone SG, a Behringer combo amp, three other pedals and a Boss ME-50. If I only use the delay pedal, there's no noise at all, when overdrived, there is some noise. When I use the pedal over my clean sound, the effect is very nice. But when I use one of my Overdrive pedals with it, the delay becomes a bit weakened, but you can still hear the effect. I use this delay when I play covers of Audioslave and when I play some solos. The delay sounds very close to Tom Morello's clean sound with delay.

I play a lot of rock and some metal. It suit's my sound very well for my solos and some riffs I play. I have been playing the guitar for about four years now. I own a Dunlop crybaby, a DigiTech Grunge, an MXR GT-OD and a Boss ME-50. If this pedal were stolen /lost, I would buy another delay pedal, because this one would be very expensive if I would buy it again.(this one was with 40% off) I love the sound of this delay when I play clean. It is a bit softer when I use my Overdrive or distortion. I didn't compare it to other products, but I loved this one when I tried it out in the guitar store. There's nothing that I wished it had.

I use my pedal with a soundlab pedal power, so I haven't got the problem of empty batteries. I can really depend on it, it never fails and the sound is always the same quality. I would use this pedal at a gig without a backup. Not because I don't have a backup, but I can really depend on it. If you'd drop it, it will still work. There may be some scratches but that will be all.

I bought it with 40% of the price off, so this was a really good deal since the real price was 210. The pedal is very easy to use, I can easily get a good sound from it. It has three knobs: one for the speed, one for the amount of repeats and one for the level of delay. I got a manual with it, which says what all the knobs and ins and outputs do, and that's all I need.