CF7 Chorus/Flanger review by Ibanez

Ibanez: CF7 Chorus/Flanger

Purchased from: Ardens Music

This pedal sounds great. Clean or distorted. Chorus or flange. With my Hamer strat copy, Boss DS-2, Boss EH-2 and crate practice amp, it produces a very thick flange and can go to an extreme jet plane with a longer delay time. The chorus is very deep and can do subtle chorusing to an extreme vibrato sound depending on the speed setting.

I play nu-metal and metal and its a great match. If it were stolen or lost I'd definitely replace it. The only other flange I'd ever want is an Ibanez FL9, but I'd still keep the CF7 on my pedalboard, it's irraplaceable. If you're looking for a versitle modulation pedal, the Ibanez CF7 is a great pedal that covers varioul levels of modulation.

Very dependable and durable casing. I'd gig without a back up for sure. The tone-lok knobs are a great feature. I can set it for the tone I want, lock the knobs and forget about it. no worrying about pre gig resetting because of knobs moving during transportation.

This pedal was very simple to find the flange and chorus tones I was looking for. It's very easy to tweak aswell. The manual had some decent starters settings, but weren't really nessacery.