CF7 Chorus/Flanger review by Ibanez

Ibanez: CF7 Chorus/Flanger

Purchased from: Ted Herbert's

I play Ibanez SZ's a Fender half stack and a 60 watt Kustom, along with other Tonelock pedals. I use it mainly for the chorus effect. It works fine alone and as good if not better with distortion. I don't get much bad feed back from this pedal, all depends on the channel I'm playing on. The effect can become weak if not set right, or can be just plain old wacked out as hell if not set right. But that's life, a series of failed attempts to fly. I model my clean sound after Mark Tremonti, I have it almost to the exact sound he has, except I don't use Boss pedals, I do Ibanez.

I play hard rock/alt. metal. It has a real good blending sound. I've been playing for about 5-6 years now. I use Ibanez, Samick, and Epiphone guitars and mostly Kustom amplification. I wish I had asked if they could include a 9v. battery. If this pedal got stolen I would get another one (despite the fact I have another one, that is for my Pedal board B). I love that it is so easy to create your own sound with. I hate one thing about it. Sometimes when you activate it it doesn't stay activated, It's a minor glitch that is easily solved with a battery to create more tension when pressing down. My fav. feature about this pedal is that it is both a Chorus pedal and a flanger. I don't remember what I compared to, but I do remember what the major diff. was the tonal quality. I wish it had a sensitive tap system (barely have to touch it to activate it).

If you read previous reviews from me you'll know by know I trust Ibanez products very much. I depend on this pedal so god damn much because I always have it on, or else it sounds real plain and like not very active. Not only would I use it with out a backup I have done that. I have 2 CF7's, only because I'm making an exact of my pedal board so I can have one at my house and 1 at the drummer's house.

This pedal is simple to use and worth every penny. The manual is alright, it gives you a good idea how to create certain sounds. I prefer making my own settings. I like it a lot because it has a very vintage sound and futuristic look.

loop-de-luke
    I've heard lots of reviews saying this pedal sounds crap, but on here everyone says its good... the review site that says its crap was harmony central. I'm lookin for a flanger/chorus mainly for the flanger to get cool sounds for rage against the machine Tom Morello type sounds, except he uses the expensive MXR Phase 90. I'd also use the chorus for cool laid-back jazz stuff. Man I'm confused!
    Jaimequin
    I owned the Chorus version of this pedal series. If you ask me, I would say stay away. It's not that it sounds crap, it's the reliability of these products. Mines would work sometimes and other times it wouldn't. The light would turn on but the effect just never happened. Maybe it was my pedal but I couldn't prove this to my vendor since it always worked properly when I brought it in, but not when I kept it in use like on stage one time. I was embarrassed in front of 300 people. Stick to using BOSS effects, they work amazing.
    Rocker_94
    I too. On Musician's Friend, they say the Flanger is crap, and the Chorus is really good.