CF7 Chorus/Flanger review by Ibanez

Ibanez: CF7 Chorus/Flanger

Purchased from: Sound Shoppe

From sizzling high to gut bustin lows, this pedal can do it. The speed and depth keep YOUR sound not the manufacturer's. I used it Live through my ESP LTD F-200 and a Crate GT 2-12 and it boosted the output of the over all rig. You can hit Barracuda with little to no changes to the controls. If you use multiple effects (additional Chorus and Flangers) with amp feedback you can do allot of kewl sound effect. I even got a police siren out of it!

I play hard Rock-Grunge and this single pedal it the only chorus or flanger that I will use. My Rythem guitarist uses a Boss BF-3 and an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone and I can easily beat him to the settings and tones. If it were stolen I would find the guy, torture him/her, make him buy me another, and still use the old one too!

I've taken it on the road and use a 1spot AC Adaptor with my chain and it performed well for me stomping the Jesus out of it. The body will hold a lot of pressure. This is my rock of ages for Nirvana and Heart covers. I have had this pedal for at least two years and it has never failed me once. I use ots dual outputs (1 mono, 1 stereo) to make a truely stereo rig and it it doesn't distort at high or low volumes, tones, or octaves.

This pedal is the master exploder! you can use it with any sound, from Nirvana to Heart to Judas Priest. The controls are excellent and the "normal" and "wack'd" setting woll give you any tone from simple chorus or flange to ring modulation. this is the best and easiest to use chorus or flanger on the market.

slash_rocks2005
    Gopher1409
    slash_rocks2005 wrote: this pedal is garbage...the flanger is VERY hard to notice and the chorus is subtle too....this really is more for the guys who just want a slight bit added to their clean sound....i can't notice much change when it's on...the sound is pretty sickening to my ears really... sorry ibanez...this pedal is shit
    Okay.... If anything, the Flanger is more noticable WITH distortion. As is the case with most Flanger effects. You probably need to adjust your EQ. The problem I have with the Flanger is that it there, but things get a bit "gunky" when it's on. I've tried so many settings it pisses me off to think of the time I wasted. and yes, the Chorus sucks unless the depth is on 10.