CF7 Chorus/Flanger review by Ibanez

Ibanez: CF7 Chorus/Flanger

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I run my CF7 through this setup. PRS Custom SE 24 - Dunlop CGB95 Wah - Boss DS1 - Boss MT2 - Ibanez CF7 - Fender Superchamp XD. It is absolutely silent regardless of setting, one of the features I am most impressed with. The only weak sounds produced by the CF7 are when it is on the WHACK'D setting... yes... I know it sounds childish.. I guess that Whack'd is some kind of ring modulator setting... but it tends to make the guitar sound unintelligible for human listening. The flanger and chorus are both amazingly versatile and are able to handle almost any kind of cover one might want to play. I can get a great early Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sex Sugar Magik) sound from the chorus pedal, splashy chorus for Pink Floyd on songs such as Run Like Hell and a deep probing chorus for Metallica. As far as the flanger it is easily capable of covering anything you might throw at it from Paul Gilbert to Hendrix. An added bonus that I discovered accidentally while fiddling with the settings is a Vibrato you can achieve by setting all of the knobs to 50% and putting the switches on chorus/wack'd. You can adjust the width of the vibrato by tweaking the delay time knob. A great part of this pedal is the stereo output capability... all around great pedal

I play everything from Bluegrass to Speed Metal and it can handle whatever I dish out. I have been playing for 2-3 years and I have a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 SE (2009), Boss MT-2 (2008), Boss DS-1 (?), Ibanez CF7 (?) and a Fender Super Champ XD (2008) If it was stolen I'd definitely replace it! Its too good of a value not to! I love everything about it and my favorite feature is the chorus because its SO versatile it can cover 40 years of music and much more.. especially when if you were to divide the price ($30) by the effects.. for a 15$ chorus it is amazing!!

It's built like a Boss pedal or in other words yes it's dependable. I could gig to hell and back without changing a battery or worrying about it falling apart like a flimsy Danelectro.

I bought this pedal for the sake of building my first pedal board, because I needed a chorus sound and I was on a budget. It is definitely the easiest pedal to get a great sound out of in my rig, it takes less than a minute to find a good tone for what you are playing, and each dial is pretty self explanatory. Within two minutes of picking it up I got a perfect tone, not having a manual to guide me or anything. It has four dials on it: Speed, Regen, Depth and Delay, these also serve as controls for the flanger setting which is just as easy to use as the chorus and sounds fantastic.

IbanezMayhem674
    I have this pedal and the delay echo by Ibanez, not a single problem yet. Both work great, I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.
    michael.pesole.
    I have the c/f 7 the ts7 and the d/e 7. These pedals are el cheap-o city I too needed them as a quick answer for gigs, they eat batteries like a fat man at a buffet and today they just sit in my drawer taking up space as the power switches are broken. You get what you pay for.