CS9 Stereo Chorus review by Ibanez

Ibanez: CS9 Stereo Chorus

My setup is a Marshall MG250DFX with a Morley Bad Horsie II Wah, a Small Stone Phaser Pedal, a DigiTech Tonedriver Overdrive (sounds great paired with my amp's distortion) and than this pedal. The pedal isn't noisy at all, and when it is activated the effect can be heard (which isn't surprising due to the fact that is the point...) The chorus effect itself is lush. It is an analog pedal, and the phases of the chorus effect fluctuate between both speakers in my combo very well. I chose this pedal over the Boss Chorus due to the fact it had a warm, lush chorus whoosh compared to the rather cold chorus effect of the Boss. Listen to the intro of Pull Me Under by Dream Theater to get what this chorus sounds like... or try one of the many youtube demo vids of it.

I play mostly heavy metal, and the chorus pedal gets the job done when I need it. Not to beat a dead horse, but the words "warm" and "lush" describe the effect perfectly. I listed my pedals and amp above, and I play a USA Jackson Soloist, a Jackson Dinky and a hot rodded Ibanez. If it was stolen, I would buy it again, because I'd be out of a chorus pedal. I compared it to the Boss and DigiTech Choruses. I didn't like em. I also tried some of the more boutique pedals, but the CS9 got the job done. It doesn't come with an adapter, but if you charm your salesperson I am sure they will throw it in.

Its a hefty lil stomp box - my only problem is that the button you stomp on is plastic. C'mon Ibanez, you can do better than that. The rest of the stompbox is metal with a rubber backing, and is sturdy. I would gig without a backup for this pedal. I do recommend buying the AC adapter though - I cannot imagine having to change batteries in any pedal.

There are two knobs, Speed and Width, so the Pedal itself is very straight forward. A Manual isn't really necessary, mostly due the lack of complexity there is to fiddling with it. With the Speed knob turned up, the effect is quicker, with the width knob turned up the effect is more sweeping, or in layman's terms, "whooshes" more.

Poison_The_Joel
    Nice review dude. The 9 series of pedals are awesome. I swear by them. Vintage or reissue these things are a compliment to anyone's pedal board.