DDL Digital Delay review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DDL Digital Delay

Purchased from: Second hand

Any type of song you'd want to play with delay, this pedal will work for you. It's old (I'm not sure of the original release date) but it's efficient. I mainly like it because it was such a steal, but it's also everything I currently want in a delay pedal. Whether I just want a slight echo for solo-ing, or a noisy looped intro for walking on stage (yeah, very showy), this gets the job done. With all of the settings up, this pedal can loop a 2-3 second guitar sound for at least a minute and a half to two minutes.

I play a very wide variety of things. Anything from metal to rock, to clean acoustic stuff. I use it with a Fender Strat and Peavey Rage practice amp. I sounds great in the chain with my ME and a compressor. The only thing about this that doesn't measure up to the Boss Digidelay is the delay time. It would be a lot better if it could last longer, and I'm still trying to find out if it's possible to open it up and adjust the taper of it.

Very durable, hard plastic. I can and have relied on it when playing live. Even over several years it's still running smoothly.

It's amazingly easy to use. Very straight-forward, you set the delay time, the volume, and repitition. It's fun to just mess with, make some trippy sounds with, etc. I didn't get a manual with it secondhand, because it is quite aged. No real idea when it was made.

Compman67
    This is my baby!.... I bought one in the 80's when it was a new thing.... I have used it ever since.. It beatly the bloody hell out of any Digital Delay I have ever heard. I will have this pedal till the day I die Gary
    Radioman62
    The case/enclosure on my unit is not plastic. It's casted aluminum. You will kill people if you throw it at someone. Undestructable piece of pedal. I bought the pedal new around -85. I think it was pretty new then on the market. Still it is a very useful pedal almost 30 years later. :
    Radioman62
    Oh, I paid around 1500 swedish crowns back then, 1985, and that translates to around 210$ ! Much money at that time. At the same time I sold my 50w top Marshall and an old 4x12" cabinet (with greenbacks celestion) for 3000 SE crowns, around 428$.