DDL Digital Delay Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 01/02/2006 category: Guitar Effects
Ibanez: DDL Digital Delay
3 modes of operation (short, long and hold), short is 28-224ms, long is 224-1800ms, controls include, delay time, delay level, mode and repeat, 1/4" input, delay out and dry out 1/4" outputs, light green finish, made in Japan.
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.9
 9.5
 8.3
 3,727
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
DDL Digital Delay Reviewed by: sonixon, on january 03, 2006

Purchased from: Second hand

Ease of Use: It's amazingly easy to use. Very straight-forward, you set the delay time, the volume, and repitition. It's fun to just mess with, make some trippy sounds with, etc. I didn't get a manual with it secondhand, because it is quite aged. No real idea when it was made. // 10

Sound: Any type of song you'd want to play with delay, this pedal will work for you. It's old (I'm not sure of the original release date) but it's efficient. I mainly like it because it was such a steal, but it's also everything I currently want in a delay pedal. Whether I just want a slight echo for solo-ing, or a noisy looped intro for walking on stage (yeah, very showy), this gets the job done. With all of the settings up, this pedal can loop a 2-3 second guitar sound for at least a minute and a half to two minutes. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Very durable, hard plastic. I can and have relied on it when playing live. Even over several years it's still running smoothly. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a very wide variety of things. Anything from metal to rock, to clean acoustic stuff. I use it with a Fender Strat and Peavey Rage practice amp. I sounds great in the chain with my ME and a compressor. The only thing about this that doesn't measure up to the Boss Digidelay is the delay time. It would be a lot better if it could last longer, and I'm still trying to find out if it's possible to open it up and adjust the taper of it. // 9

Comments