DE7 Delay/Echo review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DE7 Delay/Echo

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I'm using this effect with an Ibanez GAX 30, an Traynor 15w Guitar Mate and a DS-1. Not the greatest setup, but it works for me. The pedal is pretty silent, the only time if run into problems is when I've cranked the repeat up all the way, and after a couple of minutes you start to hear feedback. The effect sounds very classic, not digital at all, which is very important for me. I'm really aiming to get a U2 kinda sound from it, which is very easy to do.

This pedal is a perfect match to my style of music. I really am into the U2 style of delay, and this delivers. I compared it with the delay on a Zoom 505 and a Boss DD-3. I was unimpressed by the Zoom, and I couldn't see why the Boss was 30 dollars more, so I got the Ibanez. I don't regret it. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely get it again, unless I had the money to get a memory man delay.

It's an Ibanez Tone-Lok, which basically means solid metal. The thing is durable beyond belief. The tone-lok knobs are a nice addition, as I do occasionally kick the pedal, and its nice to know I dont have to worry about wrecking my settings. I would gig without a backup, though make sure you buy an adapter, it murders batteries a mile a minute.

This is the Ibanez Delay/Echo 7 from the Tone-Lok series. This is the newest model, the DE-7 C. It's bright pink, which takes a little getting used to. Overall, this pedal is fairly easy to use. It has 3 knobs and two switches. The switches control the Range of the delay as well as the mode of the pedal (echo or delay). The three knobs regulate the delay time, the rate of repetition and the level of the delay (volume). Fairly straightforward, and it really takes no time at all to find the sound you want. (It took me about a minute to get the right level for the intro to "Beautiful Day." It comes with a manual, which is good if you are unsure of what each knob or switch does. It includes 5 or so sample settings as well, though I find half the fun is in experementing to find your own sound.