DE7 Delay/Echo review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DE7 Delay/Echo

Purchased from: Music Depot

I use my Avenger or Cruiser with it, usually on bridge or neck pickup settings with my Peavey KB 300 Bass Amp. The Echo usually a little loud and uncontrollable sometimes if you don't know how to use it, but all you have to do it experiment with it a bit. It usually sounds great unless you turn the milliseconds down low. I can usually get good sound out of it like Steve Vai or Van Halen. It's hard to mix it with distortion, but you can usually put a phaser, a volume pedal or a pitch pedal and it sounds great.

It is a good match with a lot of music, but if you want a more heavy metal, grunge or something with a lot of distortion Delay isn't that great with distortion. I have been playing for about three years and I have a DigiTech Grunge, a Crybaby Wah, and an RP-50. There is nothing I need to ask about this pedal. If it were stolen I would buy another, but I hate that the Echo is a little hard to controll, and it sort of sucks the battery power quickly.

It is a very dependable pedal; all you really need are backup batteries. It doesn't break easily, but it can damage it if you get sand or mud in it. Your settings won't change if you accidentally step on it while turning it on because they are pushed back into the pedal and to bring them out you push them down, they will come out so you can turn them. This pedal has never let me down.

It is very easy to get good sound out of the Delay, the Echo is a little harder so use because it doesn't fade out as it repeats. I didn't get a manual with the Delay but the pedal is very easy to use and understand.

Bigsby
    definitly not my fav brand of guitar, but certainly is reliable.