DE7 Delay/Echo review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DE7 Delay/Echo

Purchased from: Ebay

I'm using this with my Ibanezes (both RG470L) and my Warlock. I just stuck it at the end of my external effect loop and haven't looked back. I get the exact sound I'm looking for with this pedal, though my guess is that if you really wanted absolute control over every step of the delay, this pedal would be a little lacking, but if you're looking for something that can handle a dirty signal, look no further.

I play a lot of metal / prog stuff and this pedal is perfect for me. If I want a constant repeat, I can get that, if I want just a ghost sound behind a solo, it can do that as well. I play through a Boss metalzone, Original Crybaby wah, mxr flanger and mxr phaser and a Crate GT1200H. I would definatly replace this pedal if anything happened to it.

I bought mine used. The case is exteremely durable. The only thing I could see that would kill this pedal would be if beer got spilt on it at a show. I try to avoid buying "plastic" pedals that can crack / break easily, and this one is no different; it is extremely reliable.

Easiest delay pedal I've ever touched. I tried messing around with a couple Boss and DigiTech dealy pedals and got really confused. The Ibanez is completely straight forward. One knob for length, one for repeats, and one for feedback. One mini switch for delay / echo and another for delay playback time. None of that knob within a knob stuff.

WrathOscuro
    UPDATE: The guitarist that was in my band over the summer, though we eventually kicked him out used the DE7 and it was amazing. I'm not sure if the Digidelay can do it, and if it can't then I would pick a DE7 over it any day, but I loved this thing you could do with it. Basicly, it just keeps repeating pretty much forever until you play something else or bypass the pedal. I haven't messed with too many Delay pedals, so this one is a little unique to me.