DE7 Delay/Echo review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DE7 Delay/Echo

I'm using this in the effects loop with a Fender Jazzmaster and a Peavey Valveking. The pedal isn't really that noisy at all. The 'delay' mode on the pedal sounds digital, fake and generally awful, I really don't recommend using that. The 'echo' mode, on the other hand, is much better. It's still digital, but it's designed to replicate analogue delay, and for this price, you really don't get much better. I play mostly prog rock and metal, and this is perfect. The only real problem I have with the pedal is that at low volumes, you have to keep the delay level quite low, but that's hardly problematic.

As I've mentioned, I mainly play prog rock and metal, and this pedal works very well for me, especially considering the price. I've been playing for around 6 years, and this is my first delay pedal, but I've tried others before. If this were stolen or lost, I'd probably save up for an MXR Carbon Copy or a Boss DD of some sort, but if you're on a budget, then this pedal is the best way forward. The only thing that this pedal lacks is a truly analogue sound - if it had it, then it'd be unbeatable.

The pedal is made of metal, and it's solid. I've dropped it (accidentally, of course) numerous times, and it has never damaged it. I haven't had any problems at all, to be honest, and I'd happily gig without a backup. However, if you're gonna get this, get a power supply: this pedal can use up a single 9 volt in the space of a few hourse.

This is pedal is really easy to use, after a minute of messing around with the knobs, it's pretty easy to figure out which knob does what. Once you have your favourite setting, you can also push the knobs in so that the settings can't be accidentally changed, which is kind of cool. The manual isn't useless, but you'll get along absolutely fine without it. There is a little Switch that allows you to choose between a digital sounding delay (I hate it), and an echo that's designed to emulate the analogue delay of pedals such as the MXR Carbon Copy.

duzit89
    it all depends if you want analog or digital ..to me its a huge difference.. both have its benefits..
    Way Cool JR.
    I own one of these and I got to say it is a great pedal. I chose this over the boss DD3 and that says a lot since I am a big 80's fan and the DD3 is the delay of choice for that gen. It has a very convincing analog mode very high quality. I prefer the digital mode though it suites my style better but the analog is great for 70's Rock and Metal. This pedal is definitely one that fly's well under the radar.