DE7 Delay/Echo review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DE7 Delay/Echo

I use this delay pedal in the FX loop of a Valveking 212. Most of the guitars I use have high output humbucking pickups in them. The pedal isn't noisy at all. I can't hear any additional audible noise when this pedal is engaged or being bypassed in my loop. The effect sounds great. The tone of my guitar is carried right through the pedal and the repetitions I hear are a reflection of my guitar's true tone. You could even get away with using this thing as a Chorus pedal almost to thicken your guitar tone if you set the delay level and timing right. Great pedal. Sounds excellent. Perfect score here.

This is a great delay pedal. If you are looking for a solid, great sounding, moderately priced pedal Pick this up. I've been playing guitar for around 8 years and in that time frame I have owned and played many guitars, amps, and used a ton of effects. If this were lost or stolen I probably wouldn't buy one as I have another delay pedal and even though it's fun to play with I only use a dab of it in my lead tone so it isn't super important. I love that my tone isn't sucked out of the thing.

Solid construction. I never have backup pedals as I don't think its necessary if you take care of them. So yes, I would gig with this without a backup, and the tone-lok series feature of being able to push in those knobs preventing your setting from being altered during transport is great. Perfect 10 in terms of durability and reliability.

This delay pedal is very easy to use and achieve a satisfactory sound from. Shines best in the FX loop of an amplifier in my findings. Simply choose the level of delay, then the delay time, and finally decide on how many repetitions you wish for. This isn't a loop station, so don't expect to use this thing to have a ridiculous amount of delay time, but if you are looking for a light-moderate amount of delay to use in a solo tone or to play around with this can come close to matching more expensive pedals of similar type/delay time. My only problem is that it's not super easy to dial in to that perfect spot. I think the controls aren't precise enough. Sometimes it's an issue sometimes it's not. I give it an 8.

Smart Patrol
    I want to buy one of these, but has anybody had the broken switch issue on DE7 and other Ibanez pedals?
    Smart Patrol
    I have mine now. Its amazing sound, in both modes. Its made in China (=better switch).