DL10 Digital Delay review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DL10 Digital Delay

I play this using my cheap "starter" Stratocaster and 15W amp. Even though my amp and guitar are kinda crappy, it still sounds great! I don't notice any difference in the amount of feedback with the pedal, on or off. It's a digital delay, to it doesn't sound as warm as an analog delay, but it does it's job and gets me the sound I want. I just use this to fool around with, and when I put my D-time and repeat all the way down, I get a sort of "reverb," which I use during solo's to give it more life.

Like I said above, I mainly use this with the D-time and repeat all the way down, and use it as a bit of a reverb/echo during solos. I've been playing for about half a year, and play hard rock and metal. Although it's not very useful for my style, it's still great fun to fool around with. If something where to happen to it, I probably wouldn't get another. It's not a very recent pedal, and somewhat hard to find.

I think this pedal is very durable and reliable! If I would ever gig with this, I wouldn't even think about a backup! Careful though; this thing sucks up battery's and spits them back out! I use it with an AC Adapter, so I never have to worry. When I got it, it was in bad condition but it hasn't broken on me yet, and I doubt it will anytime soon.

This pedal was passed down to me by my dad. When I first plugged it in, I had no problem figuring it out. It didn't have a manual, but it only has 3 knobs, making it simple and easy to operate. The D-time basically affects how long your delay will last. Meanwhile, the repeat affects the amount of delay. Last of the 3, the D-level is pretty much how much volume your delay will have-the higher the level, the louder the delay will sound.

Pete24v
    great pedals, made by maxon in the 80's. I like all those 10 series and the Master series that came before it, warmer sounding than Boss stuff
    Johnonon
    great review. I've got a master series Flanger from the late 80's. Great pedal, almost identical in circuitry to the FL9. They look like Atari systems which is cool
    Green RATM Day
    Thanks to all of you for your positive comments! It was my first review and was hoping people would enjoy it.
    f1sk
    Green RATM Day
    f1sk wrote: thanks for the review, I didn't know that it was digital, currently I use the boss DD6 which is pretty amazing, if I had more cash I would probably aim for the memory man deluxe or the memory man with hazorai but delay is my favorite effect to mess around with so it wouldn't seem off to spend 200 bucks on a delay pedal
    Lol yup it's digital, but it doesn't sound as digital as you could think. And I agree, delay is fun to mess around with, you can get some cool "patterns"