DS7 Distortion review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DS7 Distortion

Purchased from: Lakeland Music Store

I use my DS7 with a Epiphone Les Paul Studio and a Berhinger Ultra Combo, and the only thing I don't like about it is its Fuzzy sound. The distortion is VERY Fuzzy and I like it for certain types of playing. It does Buzz some when your not playing but all you have to do is step on it and turn it back clean to rememdy this. Not many people use these things if I'm correct, well not "famous" people, so it would be easy to Create your own sound with this piece of Eq. Oh and it's got rubber on the bottom so it doesn't slide around the stage when you step on it.

Overall i'd say this is a perfectly exceptable petal and anyone that isn't looking to copy another person could benifit from it since its so easy to Tweak. It's tough, it's reliable and it has an AC adapter port so you don't have to worry about the Batterys, all and all I'll keep mine forever. I play in a "hard rock" as the Rythem player, and it suits me just fine as far as playability. I've been playing about 2 years maybe more and been in this band for about a year, tho I have alot to learn this petal really has done everything but hold me back. If it were stolen I'd probably by another one, but not after experimenting with some other petals.

This thing is Built like a Tank, I've abused mine to much for Comfort and there is hardly any Scratches on it. I would definitely use it without even worrying about haveing a back up petal, tho I do keep an Extra battery because accidents do happen and batterys get Drained.

Any sound is easy to get with the Drive, Tone, Level settings, and to boot they Press in a lock so you don't turn the knobs during a show. The Manual, trying to Gather my thoughs about it, I seem to remember it not telling you much more than what the buttons do and how to put install the battery.