DS7 Distortion review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DS7 Distortion

Purchased from: George

I use the DS7 with a Behringer GMX 210 and switch between a Squier Strat and a BC Rich Warlock and the sound is awesome. The only problem is there is a little feedback when the tone is turned all the way up. The distortion is very powerful. The lead tones are very nice. It also gives the bottom end a nice crunch. The settings I use can get very good Metallica sound. For lead tones, I use more of a Tony Rombola sound but some songs I use a Chris Amott type sound.

For anyone playing metal or hard rock, this pedal is a must have. After playing for 5 years this is the best affordable distortion that I have found. If I lost this pedal I would buy 2 to replace is in case the other one got stolen. Compared to the Boss DS-1 and the DOD FX55 this is the Holy Grail.

In my opinion this is the only distortion pedal a guitar player would need. I've had this pedal for over a year and the sound is still good. The cosmetics will deteriorate after a few months of heavy use but other than that this pedal is awesome. The Only thing I would say is that if you use 9v batteries to power it have a few extra or get a good brand of battery.

The DS7 is very easy to use it has 3 control knobs. One for volume, one for tone, and one for drive (distortion). The manual will give you enough knowledge to operate this pedal with ease. A bonus is if you go to Ibanez.com they give you sample settings to get you started.