DS7 Distortion review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Ibanez: DS7 Distortion

Purchased from: H & H Music Co.

I use an Ibanez RG370, Ibanez GRX20, and my Behringer GM108 amp with this pedal. This is definately the worst part of the pedal, the sound, it was way too fuzzy for my taste, I couldn't seem to get a good sound even though I tweaked with the settings.

I play a wide variety of music, from classic rock to nu metal, I've been playing since August of 2004, which was a year and three months ago, but who's counting. I wish I had tried this out before I bought it, I prefer the distortion on my amp, but it's hard to switch from clean to distorted while playing guitar without a pedal, which is why I purchased this. I ended up giving it away to a friend, needless to say I wouldn't buy this again, Ibanez really dropped the ball with this product.

This pedal is reliable, it's well built. The "tone lok" feature is pretty cool, it keeps from accidentally moving the settings you have. But I wouldn't use it at a gig because, as I've already mentioned, I wasn't satisfied with the sound it produced.

Although it is easy to use, only 3 knobs (drive, tone, level), and the manual shows some examples of settings, the sound was way too fuzzy.