DS7 Distortion review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DS7 Distortion

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I use this with my Ibanez Wizard and Fender Frontman amp, and it is actually decent. It almost never feeds back and remains extremely quiet when not being stummed on. The only thing I can complain about sound wise is that this pedal is purely designed for metal players and doesn't sound as good with other tones. If your looking for the sound of Slayer, Pantera, Korn, then this works for you. Although it is heavily aimed at towards medal and hard rock, I am sure if you took the time to tweak it just right according to your setup you could alter it so it fits what you want.

Although I don't exactly like it much because I play with a little less distortion and less of a crunch, my metal friends love it! I have been playing for about 5 years and dont exactly own the best gear in the world. Although it makes my setup sound metalish, I happen to have a limited tone in the first place to work with so I would go to a store and try it out on your stuff to see. I wish I had looked into it more before buying it but honestly it is very high quality distortion compared to some of the multi-effects pedals I have tried. For what its supposed to do, I give it a ten because it does just what it says. The only reason I'm a little unhappy is that it happens to be not what I'm aiming at! But it is one of the most noise/feedback free pedals I've heard in awhile, and if I lost it I probably wouldn't buy it again just because. However if your a metal head you would probably be running to guitar center for another!

Other than all that I could heavily depend on this, it seems very durable and reliable and has never done anything out of the ordinary. Even though I dont use it much because of its limited tone options, I could always rely on it if the time came.

This model isnt complicated at all and is your typical distortion pedal. It is easy to use in the fact that there is just 3 knobs you turn (gain, level, tone) and seems very sturdy. There is no editing patches and the manual covers all the basic things you would need to know about it, (batteries, customer service, etc).

funkymonkey1049
    I used this to play Hanzel Und Gretyl stuff and pushed the gain and level too high and now it sounds like ass. but before that it was really good.