DS7 Distortion review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DS7 Distortion

Purchased from: ebay

I use this with a Yamaha EG 112 guitar and a 10 watt Fender squire practice amp (I know, it's a junk amp). The pedal itself is not very noisy. The distortion sounds great for rhythm and lead guitar. As for getting the sound of my favourite artists I have not really tried to get those sounds. I mainly just try to get something that sounds good with what I'm playing when I use it.

I play different types of music from rock to punk to metal and I think this pedal is a great match for each of these styles of music. I've been playing for just over 1 and a half years and I have a Yamaha EG112 and a Fender squire 10 watt practice amp to go with this pedal. I wish this pedal had at least one more setting so you could get more sounds out of it but I'm still happy with this pedal. If it were lost or stolen I would buy this pedal again.

I've had this pedal for about 7 or 8 months and apart from the pedal failing to turn on when the battery was low I have not had any problems. The pedal is working fine and is in great condition. I got it used so it will probably last for a long time without breaking. I'm not in a band but if I was I would use this at a gig without a backup.

The Ibanez DS7 Distortion pedal is very easy to use. It has 3 knobs. One for Drive one for level and one for tone. You can easily get what sound you want from this pedal. I'm not sure if the pedal has been upgraded because it was used before I got it. I did not get the manual so I don't know if it was helpful and easy to understand.