DS7 Distortion review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DS7 Distortion

Purchased from: local music store

I use my Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 with a Vox DA15 amplifier. With the amp on clean settings, and the guitar on bridge pickups, it makes a kind of Black Sabbath sound to it. This doesn't work well with other guitar effects though. When I first tryed using it with my DigiTech Hot Head Distortion pedal, it made a scratchy overdistorted sound. But alone, it sounds great.

This is definitely a good chioce for any beginner guitarists. However for any more experienced or intermediate guitarists, I would definitely recommend a different distortion pedal, or a multi effect pedal. If this effect was lost or stolen, I would buy a different one, probably the Ibanez Tube Screamer.

Since this is one of the first guitar effects I've ever owned, and I still use it now, I feel I can rely on this pedal fine. However if I were to go to a gig, I wouldn't use this effect with other effects solely because it doesn't work well with most other pedals and stomp boxes I own.

This is one of the first guitar effects I've ever owned. It is extremely easy to get a great sound out of it. It came with the manual and everything, but I didn't even read it, it's all self-explanatory. It has drive, level and tone knobs, which all can be pressed back into the pedal itself.

evill22
    This effect has the prefect distortion sound to it, i've loved this effect sice i started playing.
    TaV0
    I think this pedal is just ok, i mean i own it and I'm not disappointed, if you're willing to play korn or something with a similar sound, this pedal will suit you fine, but if you want to play anyother musical style you'll need something different.