DS7 Distortion review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DS7 Distortion

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I use a Nevada something (I don't actually know) with my beginner amp which is a Nevada G-10 (see I know that) and well basically I get a 'limited' sound, because it's designed more for metal players and I'm slightly more towards the rock, but I still make do and play and for saying I have only played for 1 'n' 1/2 years (properly) I believe that the sound is ok because I'm only a beginner. The distortion is fuzzy and the sound is 'limited' but ya' know just tinker with it abit. I usually have the the Drive at 12 o'clock, the tone at 3 o'clock and the level at around 12 o'clock.

I play rock and this is mostly for metal but I make do with whatever because I'm not really fussy, it's how you play guitar rather how the pedal and amps play your guitar (if that makes sense). If it were stolen (crosses fingers) I would probably try to buy a pedal with more than just one effect on it because I want more effects. I compared it with my Washburn SX:3 and it seems that the DS7 is louder, stronger and I think 'fuzzier' by a bit, and more sensitive if you know what I mean.

Of course this is metal so it can withstand some preassure, I would use it for a gig for it reliability because it is unlikely that this thing will fail. The pedal itself wont turn itself of because it is stiffer than the Washburn SX:3 Which is also have (because that is plastic).

Well, like your usual (easy) pedal it is simple, just turn the three knobs to get the correct sound; they are drive, tone and level. Drive gives you more distortion which as I see makes it have more of a 'bass' sound and more 'fuzz'. The tone gives you that more clearer sound for soloing, and of course Level is basically the level which you want (volume).