Jemini Distortion review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Jemini Distortion

Purchased from: Sweetwater

Well this is where it comes to life. I believe this is supposed to be a Keeley DS-1 and a TS9 in a single casing. I basically unplugged by TS808 after messing with this baby. Oh my lord does it scream! The red channel just absolutely packs a punch and sounds awesome for shred/legato. Perfect sustain and mids with just a touch of bass and it's like melting glass. The green channel is great too. It sounds really nice for more rhythym tones. I nice little fuzz with a boomy bottom end and you have a very spacey but still reasonable tone.

A very awesome high-end pedal. Perfect for anyone Who has heard Steve Vai and wants to have that warm but responsive tone. Great features, easy to use and built very solid. I'm really happy with this pedal and I'm sure it will stay with me for some time to come.

It's HEAVY! IT weighs almost 5 pounds! Built like a freaking tank! After almost a week of constant play no problem at all yet. I would say it uses batteries quite quickly but I have a powered board and don't use them. I shook it once to see if I could hear anything rattle inside and got nothing. It seems very well put together. It is very big though. Almost twice as large as my Holy Grail reverb pedal which is one of the biggest pedals I've ever seen.

The signature Steve Vai distortion pedal. It's basically two seperate distortion pedals in one housing. Three knobs per unit - Drive, Tone, Level. The knobs are responsive and it's easy to dial in that sound that you want. The LED lights around the knobs are bright which makes it easy to see. I love using it on my pedal board because they actually light all the other pedals up too.

jack15_11
    Wow thats a great pedal. Ive been waiting for a review since I was the video steve vai did on youtube with himself!
    ironwolg
    i hate buying batteries so the quickly using them up thing is a turn off. but it has a battery save switch which is awesome. and it's easy to replace the batteries. can't wait to get it for Christmas
    MorbidBeliever
    my stupid jemini is making weird sound everytime I use my wah (bad horsie 2), it like distorts the sound, look like it can't handle the notes or what, I'm getting a new one this tuesday! Warrants rule
    The^Unforgiven
    Propably not as impressive as on the youtube vid where Steve Vai presents it himself, that's if you don't have the Carvin amps he uses and the other sweeeet effects he uses. But I'm still considering on getting one of these.
    piebot9
    it is a amazing pedal worth every penny and is brilliant for my set up which i can get a lot of amazing different sounds but i do find this pedal character changes dramatically when using on different types of amp
    designrol
    I just ordered an Ibanez Jemini pedal from ebay. I got a great price and can't wait to add this pedal to my arsenal. I was looking for a distortion-type booster pedal for a while now and mostly found clean boost pedals. The Jemini seems to be what I've been looking for to make my lead solos jump out when using my crunch channel on my Peavey 5150 II amp. It's way too memory and time consuming to adjust my settings every time I play a lead solo in each song. Hopefully, the Jemini will make gig life more easy. Plus, who doesn't like Vai's tone? I'm generally a VH, Vai & Satriani fan and this pedal will give me "the best of both worlds" (pun intended).
    Mullen2105
    Is there a way to use both sides at one time? Message me if you can answer this.
    gatien
    The ting i find cool is that you get the ts9 from ibanez and the ds1 from boss
    adsauzier
    There are so many Distortion & Overdrive Pedals on the market now, I'm really spoiled for choice. I can't choose between this, Dime Distortion, a Tube Screamer or the MXR Custom Badass Overdrive!!! But, being a Steve Vai nut, I'm leaning towards this one!!!
    Coldmystery
    This pedal from what I have played is "ok". But not more than Ok. Especially for the price.