Jemini Distortion review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Jemini Distortion

Purchased from: eBay

I use it with a Fender American Deluxe Strat with a DiMarzio Tone Zone S in the bridge through a Randall half stack. It absolutely bumps! The only noise issue I have is if your using a high output pickup and crank the distortion to max and are playing through high volumes it can give a loud hum which cased me to have to back off the gain a little. I could easily dial in some of my favorite artist's tones such as Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith and Cream with the green channel and Iron Maiden, Steve Vai, Slash, and SORTVE Pantera with the red channel. My favorite channel is the red channel.

I like to play hard rock to some metal but for the most part I'm playing in My up and coming pop rock band. This pedal really can handle the old school blues on the green channel as well as some classic rock to the high gain Hair metal and some aggressive stuff from Iron Maiden to *some* Pantera. If your looking for an all out Death Metal sound don't get this pedal but if you want a good variety from blues too metal then go for it! I've been playing about 3 years and I've owned a DigiTech Whammy pedal, an Ibanez Wheeping Demon, an MXR Badass 79' Distortion, and an MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive pedal. If this pedal were stolen I'd file aa police report and hope to get it back while getting ready to buy either another one or a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. I love the unique finish on it, I love the versatility, I love the bright lights to let you know which channel your on, and I love how its two in one. I don't like how big the pedal is. I think two separate pedals with a small patch cable could potentially take up less room.

I have used it for several shows without any backups and it has not failed me yet. I suggest getting an AC adapter as I did so that you don't have to worry about it shorting out during the middle of a set. I can't say much about the battery life seeing as how I have the AC adapter. But it does have housing for an extra 9v and it is built like a tank so I highly suggest this pedal to anyone looking to get a variety of sounds in one compact pedal.

This pedal is definately the most useful pedal on my board. It is very easy to get aa good sound out of it. Although you might need to EQ your amp and tweak it to get the sound your looking for. But the two channels on this thing make it so useful and versitile. Youve got your cleans, overdriven, and distortion all in one!. The manual (although mine didn't come with it, but my friend has his) is very simple and gives steve vai's setting. Wich I disregarded because its not about someone elses sound its about finding YOUR sound. I don't know the firmware revision number and my unit has not been upgraded.

JFRules
    This pedal kicks ass. Green channel is like a tube screamer and the red channel is like a Boss Ds1 Keeley mod. The red channel I found sounds awesome with all settings at 10 lol