LF7 Lo-Fi Filter review by Ibanez

Ibanez: LF7  Lo-Fi Filter

Purchased from: Ted Herbert's

I primarily use Ibanez guitars and Ibanez Tone-Lok pedals (SM7, DS7, CF7, PM7 and LF7) along with Dunlop Exp. It's not really nosey if your good at setting up a pedal like that (snaps finger). The LF7 creates a bit of a tube screamer sound if adjusted right. It's not a real strong pedal. I could get the sound of my favorite artist with it, but why be like them, I'd rather be myself and create my own music with my band Ever Change. With this pedal dist. is excellent along with moderate chorus. With out the dist. it's very classic sounding.

I play metal, rock and powerpop. It works better then fine. It's a very kick ass pedal and if your ever in the presence of one try it by all means.

I use it for recordind purposes primarily. I'll use it for vocals mainly when recording or soloing to a song that has quick pickups on the neck pickup. I would use it with out a back up because I rely on the Ibanez name to get me through. I trust them like this (crosses fingers).

I found it a lil complex at first but became very fascinated with it. I find it's a little tricky doing the editing for it to be a perfect sound, but you'll find your way around it by just taking your time. Manual is really good and provides pre thought out settings that you can use. No clue what a firmware revision # is.

Jotunscope
    Was a bit disapointed in mine. If any body is looking for a way to get the low fi sound commonly used by bands like rage against the machine (see know your enemy's first big riff), then buy a rubbish distortion pedal and set gain to ten, and then one of mids or treble to 0, leaving the other on full. A flanger is nice to use at the same time, too.
    MastaBassist10
    ^Actually, you get that sound by just boosting your mids and panning sound into the left side only.