SH7 7th Heaven Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 07/02/2005 category: Guitar Effects
Ibanez: SH7 7th Heaven
Designed specifically for 7-string guitars with the input from some of Ibanez hottest 7-string players, the SH7 7th Heaven distortion pedal accentuates the low-end girth of the 7-string while reducing unwanted string noise.
 Ease of Use: 6
 6.7
 6.5
 6.8
 5,150
reviews (2) 6 comments vote for this gear:
SH7 7th Heaven Reviewed by: korn56, on november 17, 2004

Ease of Use: Very simple, drive, lo, hi and level controls maybe with a mid control would be a good pedal. Void switch to kill the feedback (cool!) and Mode switch I think it's to add more treble of mid, I barely can hear difference. // 6

Sound: Well I'm using this through my computer soundcard and sounds horrible, very fuzzy and not for metal that I play (Fear Factory or Chimaira), of course not for soloing (Black Sabbath, Sepultura), I was using a Zoom 606 pedal (crap pedal) and sounded much better than this. If you are thinking buy some Ibanez pedal for good metal, punk or rock distortion buy the Smashbox. // 2

Reliability & Durability: Well constructed like all the Ibanez pedals, I would use it on a gig but not for the sound. // 8

Overall Impression: Very limited pedal, not for a 7 string, however the only thing I liked its the Void switch (noise gate) and the Smashbox also has the Void switch so I would buy the SM7. If it were stolen I would search it to sell it and buy some other distorsion pedal (DigiTech). // 4

SH7 7th Heaven Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 02, 2005

Purchased from: Greens Music

Ease of Use: A bit touchy to get set in tune with the amp. To much bass or treble and it really messes it up. But once you have got everything set right it is easy to use. Just step and go! // 6

Sound: This may sound bad, but I'm reviewing this on how it performs with my cheap Ashton and cheap 10 watt Ashton amp. But wow, with the cheap stuff I have it stills sounds good. I wouldn't recommend it for anything that uses less distortion because hardcore level distortion is close to minium distortion for this pedal. It has very good low and high end grunt. this is a seven string pedal, so depending on settings it can really lower the sound of your E string, giving a booming low end grunt distortion. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Built like a brick shithouse. You can give it all you can and it will be fine. Very sturdy, good grip on the ground. Great construction like all the Ibanez pedals. // 10

Overall Impression: I would recomend this to anyone who plays hardcore, metal anything that requires shitloads of distortion. Slipknot, Machine Head and Pantera are great for this pedal. I've only just started guitar and I got my pedal 3 days ago and have barely stopped playing. My favourite feature is the Void with which you can stop the endless ringing and feedback if you stop playing. This pedal is not for pop punk and light rock. This is a metal distortion for seven strings and drop b. Don't buy it if you want to play Grinspoon (new s--t) or Simple Plan this is for metal heads only. If it was lost I would buy this again because it more distortion that I need. Most stuff I play it's all right but to much off a heavy metal distortion for me. It needs a bigger range of distortion rather than hardcore to Death Metal. All up a good pedal if you like hardcore and metal. // 8

Comments